Canadian Tourist impressed with Filipinos: ‘If you give them the means, they can work miracles.’

Once again, the great hospitality of the Filipinos surfaced as a soon to retire bus driver named John Abou Samra who met an unfortunate accident while he was in the middle of his world cruise travel tour visiting Coron Palawan’s Cayangan lake decided to cancel this trip to give in return the hospitality the Philippine doctors and nurses provided.
June of the year 2017, while Samra was enjoying the beginning of his tour of the year, in the city of Coron, Palawan, Philippines; mentioned of the accident that happened to him when he asked somebody to take a picture of him, and as he moved to his left side, two of the planks he stepped on to split and gave in making him fall hitting his hips resulting to bruises and scratches. 

“I asked someone to take a picture of me, and then after she took picture, I moved to this side to sit down. While I moved, two of this wood, they split, and my right leg sank between them up to my hip. Until now I still have the pain,” Samra explained.

Samra was then brought to Coron District Hospital where Dr. Edgar Flores and the staffs of the said hospital gave complete attention and care to him even with his casual look that it was so hard for him not to notice the hospitality provided to him.

“Two nurses took care of me in a way I could not imagine, plus in the half an hour I stayed in the hospital, I heard the word ‘sir’ more than 25 times. Even when I was wearing something very casual; I looked like a homeless person, they never stopped calling me sir,” he said.

With this Samra decided to cancel his world tour and instead requested the hospital to list down any equipment they need provide this as donation in return to the care he received from the Hospital staffs.

Samra was so impressed with the filipinos that he said:

“If you give them the means, they can work miracles.”

Source:  ABS-CBN NEWS
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsor